And look, I found one! You should know who this is and if you don't we can't be friends anymore. When I saw him he was tugging a granny trolley behind him and looked like something out of one of his own films. I love how 'real' he is. I actually have a massive problem with the propensity for every argument to come down to a measure of how 'real' or 'fake' you are these days. Where did it all come from? Concerning yourself with something so obviously a fabricated construct of the media - 'real'ity television' has a lot to answer for (but I still love it and hate myself for that) - and then proclaiming another to be 'fake' is the clearest example of an oxymoron I've ever heard. Emphasis on the moron. It seems to me to be an excuse to say poisonous things to whoever you wish because you'd be 'fake' if you didn't. No. That's not right. Not telling someone they're fat or annoying or ugly is not being 'fake', it's just being a normal human being with a modicum of empathy. To do the opposite means you're an obnoxious twat. For real.
Anyway, really short rant as I just wanted to put this pic up and show the world how much I love Mike Leigh. I told him as much and he was lovely about it all. Why is it I always want to please older middle class men? Nothing good that way lies. Maybe it's because my own mother had only this to say about the blog - 'it's a bit moany'. Well, so's hardcore pornography and I understand that's been going from strength to strength. Toodles. X
No comments:
Post a Comment